Welcome to Friendsville, Maryland, established in 1765,
Garrett County’s oldest settlement. Please explore our town on this web site or stop by for an in-person visit. You will find, adventure, nature, community and history.
What you will discover:
A fun walking or biking history tour with 18 sign markers. Online stories about the people and events that helped shape the town of Friendsville.
- A rich history stretching over 250 years.
- Friend Family Museum & Genealogical Library.
- World class whitewater rafting & kayaking on the Upper Yough.
- Direct access to the Wild & Scenic River on the Kendall Trail.
- A beautiful riverside town for shopping and dining, and a wonderful community park for picnicing and relaxing.
- The friendliest town in Maryland.
For more information on Friendsville visit the town website.